Kingdoms Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms Tales

A fantasy roleplaying forum dedicated to rping sites that enjoy good stories and imagination. It is the official boards for Palanestina, but also the home of other roleplay ideas such as medieval Kingdoms and ancient lands

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richter
traveler
traveler
Richter

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Strange Question Empty
PostSubject: Strange Question   Strange Question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am

First let me state that I am an admin on several other php.bb forums just to get mostly get rid of the concept of basic user error or unfamiliarity out of the way

Every time I click on the Banner (The thing on the top that says - Index, Portal, Gallery, FAQ, etc -) I am logged out automatically. This is mostly annoying that I cannot use it as it is a tool I have been using for faster forum use for years now. But also it makes filling out this forums Character record sheet option impossible. Not to mention things like setting up an avatar, or changing any other site settings for my personal taste. (like time zone, or uploading an avatar).

Mostly this bothers me as it hampers my anal-retentive attention to detail, I like filling out the entire field about my character so it is easy to read for everyone else. However it also just greatly annoys me not o be able to use the quick links I have grown so accustomed to.

The reason I bring this up is partially to clarify the possibility that it might just be my settings. After all I am new, and I know that the forum is a very poor second around here to the Rapid chat system in use. It isn’t that I don’t like the rapid chat rooms. I am just much more familiar with the forum aspects. Hence my trying to fill it all out, and my frustration with not being able to.

But back to the task at hand. I know most of you are thinking “ dude look your setting s over” but I do not encounter this problem on any other php.bb forum I am either a member of, or admin on. This of course leads me to believe there is a setting that is disabled here. But sadly since it works every where else that I am. I am unsure of what it might be that is not right. out of morbid curiosity though. Does any one else have this problem? It is after all still possible it is just a local issue with my system. Though of what nature I am stumped about..

Any ways. That rant aside, I look forward to meeting new RP partners that are interested in story line driven play. Wither that be the over al goals of the forum wide plots. Or smaller more personally driven ones. Either way if any one would like to contact me my yahell ID is Phydoux_2 and the forum that al of this characters information is stored at is http://www.freewebs.com/phydoux/richter.htm.

Thank you for any that actually read all of this rant. And if any one else is experiencing this issue please let me know so I feel les retarded
Back to top Go down
Linden Rathan
General
General
Linden Rathan

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-31

Strange Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Question   Strange Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 am

Heya Richter, I'm running the latest version of firefox. I'd suggest to give that a try and to make sure all cookies settings are enabled and security is set down to a minimum.

Also try checking the "Log me in automatically" checkbox and see if that indeed logs you in automatically. If it doesn't let me know
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Character sheet
Name: Atara
Race: Dragon
Clan: Talons

Strange Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Question   Strange Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Actually I use Firefox and it does the same thing to me.

Richter, sorry I've not answered you until now. I'm not sure why its doing that. I looked at the admins and I checked the portals. Everythings right from what I can see. If you have any suggestion, I'm open to it. I know you know more about this then I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dasranthir.com/palanestina/index.html
Sponsored content

Strange Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Question   Strange Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdoms Tales :: OOC Area :: News and other stuff-
Jump to: